Conversation View helps you group all email, both old mails and incoming email in the same topic together. Conversation View is on by default, but you can turn it on/off on Computer or Android device. This feature can’t turn off on iOS (iPhone/iPad).
But some people are not happy with this feature, that it’s harder to find their emails. So follow our instructions to turn it on or off.
- Sign in to Gmail
- After signing in, click click the gear button in the top right, select Settings
- In General tab, scroll down, you can find “Conversation View” section. Select your choice and click “Save changes” at the bottom of page.
On Android & iOS
- Open Gmail app on your device
- Tap the Menu icon in the top left of your screen.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Choose “General Settings”.
- Find Conversation View and check/uncheck the box to turn on/off this feature. Your change is saved automatically.