Google Apps for Work (formerly Google Apps for Business) is a suite of cloud and collaboration software and tools offered on a subscription basis by Google.
Continue to the Google Apps Page
It includes Google’s popular services: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Google Calendar, Google Docs.
Similar to the free version, Gmail in Google Apps for Work adds a number of features designed for business users:
- Custom email including the customer’s domain name
- 15 GB of free storage, threaded conversations, robust search capabilities, and an app-like interface.
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime with zero scheduled downtime for maintenance
- Either 30 GB or unlimited storage shared with Google Drive, depending on the plan
- Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook
- No advertising
- 24/7 customer support
Google’s file storage and synchronization service was released on April 24, 2012, a place where you can create, share, collaborate, and keep all of your stuff in cloud. As part of Google Apps for Work, Google Drive comes with additional features designed for business use:
- Either 30 GB or unlimited storage shared with Gmail, depending on the plan
- Sharing controls that keep files private until customers decide to share them
- Advanced audit and reporting
- 24/7 customer support
Google Hangouts allows up to 10 people for the consumer version and up to 15 people for the work version to join conversations from their computer or mobile device. Participants can share their screens, and view and work on things together. The Hangouts On Air service lets people stream live broadcasts to Google+, YouTube, and their websites.
- Up to 15 people for the work version to join conversations from their computer or mobile device
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime
- ISO27001 and SOC 2 certification
- 24/7 customer support
Google Calendar provides an online calendar service, designed to integrate with Gmail. It uses the iCal standard to work with other calendar applications. Helpful features of Google Calendar include:
- Share calendars with teammates and others to check availability
- Overlay teammates’ calendars into a single view to find a time when everyone is available
- People can also use Google Calendar to see if meeting rooms or shared resources are free, and add them to events.
- Use the mobile app or synchronize with the built-in calendar on mobile devices
- Publishing of calendars to the web, and integration into Google Sites
- Simple migration from Exchange, Outlook, or iCal, or from .ics and .csv files
Google Apps includes online editors for creating text documents or document file format, spreadsheets, presentations, and surveys: Google Docs & Spreadsheets.
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms work within any web browser or on any web-enabled mobile devices.
- Documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and surveys can be shared, commented on, and co-edited in real time.
- Additional features include unlimited revision history that keep all changes safe in one place and offline access that lets people work on their documents without internet connection.
An App password is a 16-digit passcode that gives an app or device permission to access your Google Account, you only have to enter an App password once per app or device, so don’t worry about memorizing it, even when you use 2-Step-Verification.
Note: If you have iOS 8.3 on your iPhone or OSX 10.10.3 on your Mac, you will no longer have to use App passwords to use 2-Step Verification.
Why you may need an App password
When you sign up for 2-Step Verification, we normally send you verification codes. However, these codes do not work with some apps and devices, like Gmail on your iPhone or iPad, Thunderbird, and Outlook. Instead, you’ll need to authorize the app or device the first time you use it to sign in to your Google Account by generating and entering an App password. With App password, you only need to enter it once.
How to generate an App password
- Visit your App passwords page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account.
- At the bottom, click Select app and choose the app you’re using.
- Click Select device and choose the device you’re using.
- Select Generate.
- Follow the instructions to enter the App password (the 16 character code in the yellow bar) on your device.
- Select Done.
Once you are finished, you won’t see that App password code again. However, you will see a list of apps and devices you’ve created App passwords for.
Note: You may not be able to create an App password for less secure apps.
Forgot your App password
Every App password is only used once. But don’t worry, you can always generate a new App password whenever you need one, even for a device or application you’ve authorized before. So if you forgot your App password, create a new one.
Can’t sign in to my Gmail app
See full help page there Can’t sign in to my email app
Gmail App is an easy way to get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, find messages quickly to saves your time and keeps your messages safe.
Gmail App for iOS
Best Gmail App for iOS is Gmail – email from Google, published by Google. You can download on Apple store for free.
Download Gmail App for iOS
Gmail App for Android
Best Gmail App for Android is Gmail App, published by Google. You can download on Google Play Store for free.
Download Gmail App for Android
Gmail App for Mac
There are some good Gmail App for Mac published by third-party such as: MailTab for Gmail, it has 2 versions: free version and paid version (pro version). Another good Gmail app is Sparrow, which has been acquired by Google, Inc. You can download MailTab for Gmail free version here.
Download Gmail App for Mac
Gmail App for Windows
There is a good Gmail App for Windows: Gmail for Windows, published by Buster Collings Software. You can download fore free here:
Download Gmail for Windows
Gmail App for Chrome
There are some good Gmail App for Chrome such as: Google Mail Checker, offered by www.Google.com and Gmail Offline, offered by https://mail.google.com/mail/mu.
Download Google Mail Checker for Chrome
Gmail App for Firefox
Best Gmail App for Firefox is: Gmail Notifier, with more than 100,000 users. You can download Gmail Notifier for free here.
Download Gmail Notifier for Firefox
With the Gmail app you get:
- An organized inbox: Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first.
- Less spam: Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free.
- 15GB of free storage: with these pace, you won’t need to delete messages to save space.
- Multiple account support: Use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) right from the app.
An App password is a 16-digit passcode that gives an app or device permission to access your Google Account. If you use 2-Step-Verification and are seeing a “password incorrect” error when trying to access your Google Account, an App password may solve the problem. Most of the time, you’ll only have to enter an App password once per app or device, so don’t worry about memorizing it. Follow our tutorial about Sign in using App Passwords to sign in to your Gmail App.
Gmail Offline app is available for Google Chrome browser only. You cannot use Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer or Opera for this app. To install Gmail Offline app, follow the link below:
After first start-up, Gmail Offline will automatically synchronize messages and an Internet connection is required. So you can access your email next time offfline.
Installing Gmail Offline
To install Gmail Offline app, follow the link below:
Install Gmail Offline
- Click the Add to Chrome button to add it as an app for your web browser. Wait for few seconds and click “Add app”. Gmail Offline extension is added to your Google Chrome.
- You will need to sign in to Gmail to allow Gmail offline.
- Choose “Allow offline mail” and click “Continue” to start using. You can change the settings later.
Congratualations, now you are using Gmail Offline. It will take some minutes for syncing your emails and attachments.
Get Started With Gmail Offline