Google released a new type of Gmail, it’s called Inbox. Inbox is not Gmail : it’s not the inbox you often see when you login your Gmail, it’s a completely different experience. Designed to focus on what really matters, Inbox is an effort of people who brought you Gmail to give all the users a little more control over email overload, which tends to overwhelm many of our inboxes.
We receive email from partners, friends… we store important files, we send necessary information… Everyone can send you an email if they know your email address, no matter where you are, it’s free and fast, but it also means you you may receive much more email than you expect, the important email is buried under hundreds of messages. Inbox is designed to help you focus on important messages and save your time. The new Inbox by Gmail is a significant improvement in how you manage your email. Inbox, it’s open to everyone now, no invitation required!
- Bundles: stay organized automatically: Inbox bundles group similar types of mail at once. For example: Finance bundles, all your purchase receipts or bank statements are neatly grouped together so that you can quickly review and then swipe them out of the way. You can even teach Inbox to adapt to the way you work by choosing which emails you’d like to see grouped together.
- Highlights: the important info at a glance: Inbox know what is important information in your message, and it highlights the key information for you, even it’s from the web that wasn’t in the orginal email as your flights.
- Reminders, Assists, and Snooze: your to-do’s on your own terms:
Inbox intergate Reminders, Snoonze, everything to help you better manage your work, your email. Your inbox becomes a centralized place to keep track of the things you need to get back to.
- More control with Undo Send, Swipe to Delete and Signatures:
- With Undo Send – just like “Undo Send” in Gmail lab, with Inbox, you can take back an email right after sending in case you spotted a mistake, or have second thoughts
- If you’d rather get rid of messages, you can make ‘Delete’ the default swiping action
- If you want to personalize your sent messages, you can now add a custom signature
Inbox on Mobile
Beside of Gmail app on mobile device (iOS/Android), there is Inbox app also on mobile app for you. It’s really a great app that we highly recommend it for you.