In fact, it’s a common problem when you are using a strong password or rarely login to your Gmail account, you may forgot Gmail Password. It’s easier to recover Gmail password if you can access your phone or backup options, otherwise, it can sometimes take 3-5 business day to complete the account recovery process.
- Visit Google Account Recovery Service page.
- Choose your trouble in the list (ex: I don’t know my password), enter your email address and click “Continue”.
- Enter the last password you remember and click “Continue” if you still remember the last password. Otherwise, choose “I don’t know”.
- Now you have 3 options to recover your Google Account.
Now you have 3 options:
Recover Gmail Password by Phone or backup options
- If you can access your phone or backup options (ex: alternate email address). Choose first option: “I can access my phone or backup options”. Click “Continue”.
- Google will want to verify your ownership of the email address by sending a verification code to your recovery phone or sending an email to alternate email address (depend on your backup options you selected). Choose your prefer option and click “Continue.”
- In the next page, enter the verification code sent to your phone and click “Continue.”. Or follow instruction in the email from Google if you choose to use an alternate email address.
- In the page that appears, input a new password and repeat it to confirm it in the next text field and then click on “Change password”.
- Congratulations, you recoverd your Gmail password successfully.
I cannot access my phone or backup options or I didn’t enable 2-step verification
- Select option 2 or 3 (depend on your case). Click “Continue”.
- You will be asked to answer security questions about your account.
- Finish the questions to recover your Google Account.
Still can’t recover my Google Account
- If you failed with these steps above, contact them at Gmail Help Forum.
- After 5 business days, if you didn’t get any contact from Google. Do it again.