In case you want to backup your Gmail Contacts or import your Gmail contacts to another account, you will need to export your Gmail Contacts first. Here is the tutorial to help you export Gmail contacts into CSV file:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Current version of Google Contacts doesn’t support expporting contacts. So you have to go to “old Google Contacts” to do so. Click here.
- Click More in the top menu of your Address book, select “Export…” in the dropdown menu. If you don’t want to export all the Contacts but some of them, check the box in each contact to select, click More, then select “Export…”.
- Select the format in which you’d like to export your contacts’ information. Note that some of these formats can lose some contact information.
- To transfer contacts between Google Accounts, use the Google CSV format.
- To transfer contacts to Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, or various other apps, use the Outlook CSV format.
- To transfer contacts to Apple Address Book, use the vCard format.
- Click Export.
- Choose a location to save your file, and click Save. Wait a few seconds and your contacts will be imported and ready to use.